xtream_ocer_intel_nvidia

Distinguished
May 13, 2009
Hey all,
I managed to get my CPU stable @ 3.6 (and thanks too all that helped) but I was just wandering if 1.5 vcore is too high, Im just a bit concerned about it. If it is too high is there any way to lower the vcore but still keep it stable?
Cheers

jedimasterben

Distinguished
Sep 22, 2007
Not necessarily. What kind of cooling do you have?

Here's what you do:

Lower the voltage by .25 or so and then run Prime95. If it crashes, up the voltage to find one that can keep it stable for 12+ hours.

If it is just fine when you lower it, lower it some more, until it crashes under prime95. Then just up the voltage until you find the lowest one that is stable.

xtream_ocer_intel_nvidia

Distinguished
May 13, 2009
thanks but I all my volts are really high like the RAM is 2.11 and the ht is 1.60 the NB is 1.65 and the sb is 1.64, Im really concerned because as soon as I drop down it goes unstable

G

If you are really worried drop back to 3.4Ghz and drop the voltages down into a safer place, the diffrence in performance of that extra 200mhz will barely if at all be noticed in the desktop enviroment, and possibly a frame or two in gaming, Q6600 have a sweet spot at 3.4HGhz, so i would run it there.

Same as my E7200, can run at 4.0Ghz, but at 1.45v way over Intel spec, so 3.8Ghz it is, smooth cool and stable hopefully for the two or so years before next upgrade(Funnily enough, i normally upgrade at the or near the end of the current chipset cycle lol, guess I am not an early adopter lol)

xtream_ocer_intel_nvidia

Distinguished
May 13, 2009
thanks for your help guys, my cores range from about 45-55 so not bad so im going to fiddle with the volts to see if i can get it stable, if not im going to lower it to 3.4
thanks for your help :D :bounce: