Question Volume increase IN GAME

BrittMarie

Prominent
Oct 8, 2019
Hi. I just reinstalled Windows, installed every driver there is, just as allways. When i enter my game(Apex Legends) i get some weird issues when stuff is happening around me. If a fight start, or bridges open or similar stuff, my volume increases by like 300% and i cant even hear ppl on discord... Im using a soundblaster ae 5 soundcard just as before, and before it worked just fine. Have the same settings, same headphones, same sound card. Whats new is the motherboard and CPU.
What can this be? Discord sound is fine, music from Spotify is fine but as soon as i start shooting and enemy is shooting it gets so loud my ears hurt.
There is no scout mode or any other mode on the soundblaster software, could it be something on Windows 10??... Im losing my mind since i cant play like this and i play at a very high skill lvl aswell so its very important for me that it works... Any help would be sooo much appriciated.

BrittMarie

Prominent
Oct 8, 2019
Hi, thanks for your awnser. I dont even got the windows 10 equalizer option. And there is no loudness option in sound blaster aswell. There is smart volume, that didnt work. I have tried all the options i can, reinstalled all the sound drivers, tried directly into the motherboard, nothing is working. And it all just worked fine 2 hours before i upgraded and reinstalled the computer.... this is crazy..

BrittMarie

Prominent
Oct 8, 2019
Im at work atm on phone, can't check for specific instructions on my pc but this is close enough

See Helmut's reply

https://www.tenforums.com/sound-audio/138524-there-there-not-default-windows-10-equalizer.html
As i said... And as i awnsered for 3rd time now, i dont got that option. That option is only for specific motherboards, not for everyone. But i also checked for loudness in the realtek program and THE sound blaster software, there is no such thing turned on.

boju

Titan
Ambassador
There is no such thing turned on or no such option? Sorry, i don't mean to be stubborn, it's just sometimes settings could be missed even if the OP thinks it's not there, no one is perfect, so there's no need to be rude. If you don't mind please post a picture of what you see.

I'm using Realtek analogue audio and this is what i have in Windows.

C2MXGqw.png

If you don't know how to get there click sounds in speaker icon and > sounds > playback devices.

What motherboard do you have? Have you tried Realtek audio? Does it do the same thing there? Because it looks like someone else also has a similar issue with your sound card.

View: https://www.reddit.com/r/SoundBlasterOfficial/comments/jutard/sound_blaster_ae5_surround_sound_high/

What about Creative drivers/ software? Using the same versions as before? Smart audio should do the same thing as loudness EQ. Anyway, if Smart audio couldn't rectify sound issues then possibly it's driver related or software version. If you're using the same as before, try reinstall but first disable automatic device driver updates in case MS is causing a conflict with it's own generic driver if they have any.Uninstall creative driver & software (Think DDU can uninstall audio drivers as well) then reinstall.

BrittMarie

Prominent
Oct 8, 2019
There is no such thing turned on or no such option? Sorry, i don't mean to be stubborn, it's just sometimes settings could be missed even if the OP thinks it's not there, no one is perfect, so there's no need to be rude. If you don't mind please post a picture of what you see.

I'm using Realtek analogue audio and this is what i have in Windows.

C2MXGqw.png

If you don't know how to get there click sounds in speaker icon and > sounds > playback devices.

What motherboard do you have? Have you tried Realtek audio? Does it do the same thing there? Because it looks like someone else also has a similar issue with your sound card.

View: https://www.reddit.com/r/SoundBlasterOfficial/comments/jutard/sound_blaster_ae5_surround_sound_high/

What about Creative drivers/ software? Using the same versions as before? Smart audio should do the same thing as loudness EQ. Anyway, if Smart audio couldn't rectify sound issues then possibly it's driver related or software version. If you're using the same as before, try reinstall but first disable automatic device driver updates in case MS is causing a conflict with it's own generic driver if they have any.Uninstall creative driver & software (Think DDU can uninstall audio drivers as well) then reinstall.

There is no such option in Windows, no. And i have tried older drivers, without drivers, latest driver.