[SOLVED] Volume mixer shows audio output to front panel ?

GoGoGaren

Commendable
Jan 11, 2020
Issue: After installing a new front panel in one of the drive slots with 4x USB and mic/headphone jacks, no sound is heard in either earbud/headphones I've tried, despite the volume mixer/Windows sound settings showing audio levels.

Front Panel: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00UBFXMXG/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o04_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

System Specs: Windows 10 Pro x64, Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-4460 CPU @ 3.20GHz 3.20 GHz, AMD Radeon (TM) R9 380 Series (which also seems to have its own audio device in device manager? For HDMI maybe?)

Troubleshooting Steps:

1) Making sure both sides of the wire are seated properly, in the AAFP socket and front panel audio jack socket respectively.

2) Windows troubleshooter (basically keeps trying to install different drivers, I have Realtek Audio with Asus Realtek HD Audio Manager as an application to view it)

3) Switched from HD Audio to "AC97 Front Panel" in the Asus Realtek HD Audio Manager options. The Manager recognizes the front panel devices now (the green and pink icons are not greyed out).

4) Tried both earbuds and headphones, both of which still work on other devices.

5) Switched to AC97 in BIOS.

Possible Solutions:

1) The audio jacks were poorly made/audio is getting to the port but the port is somehow damaged.

2) Maybe some sort of driver trick that I need? Although I've already tried HD Audio and AC97...

Thanks in advance!

Solution
Only a few things it can be if the front audio is not working, they are not connected properly to the motherboard headers or the device is simply broken. Does your case have front audio connectors and were they working before you installed this combo unit? The wires are not backwards?

There should not be any driver changes needed to make the front headers work, you connect them to the motherboard, plug in the headphones, they are detected. If it's anything not that, there is an issue with the connection.
Only a few things it can be if the front audio is not working, they are not connected properly to the motherboard headers or the device is simply broken. Does your case have front audio connectors and were they working before you installed this combo unit? The wires are not backwards?

There should not be any driver changes needed to make the front headers work, you connect them to the motherboard, plug in the headphones, they are detected. If it's anything not that, there is an issue with the connection.

Solution

GoGoGaren

Commendable
Jan 11, 2020
Whatever I did between making sure the 9-1 pin was pushed in all the way on the jack side, and making sure my Beat's headphones were plugged in all the way, it finally worked. Thank you!