[SOLVED] volume pop up banner blocks cursor while playing game

Solution
If I click the picture it alt tab's out of the game and goes into youtube
well, thats annoying.
It doesn't seem to do that on desktop apps, if i have a video running in YouTube and have another app in full screen, and change volume, and then click picture, it just vanishes. it doesn't open YouTube.

so why is the game different? I don't expect you to know... I am just thinking.
surely if it steals focus that effect should be everywhere.
curious if it happens like that in other games.

there is this that lets you hide it, doesn't remove completely - https://www.howtogeek.com/269011/how-to-hide-the-volume-pop-up-display-on-windows-8-and-10/

Colif

Win 11 Master
if you click on the picture of the album in the window, it goes away. I am not sure if it reappears on next song, it might only show again if you alter the volume again.

There is no way to move it, which is a shame.

Last edited:

Colif

Win 11 Master
i sort of understand why its in that corner, can't put it in bottom left as start menu would cover it, and right hand side is the action centre.

There might be a way if you used a different shell (Like classic shell) as some of them might allow you to put it elsewhere. But thats a lot of work to move 1 thing.

Ringwraith34544

Commendable
Oct 17, 2020
i sort of understand why its in that corner, can't put it in bottom left as start menu would cover it, and right hand side is the action centre.

There might be a way if you used a different shell (Like classic shell) as some of them might allow you to put it elsewhere. But thats a lot of work to move 1 thing.

Colif

Win 11 Master
well, thats annoying.
It doesn't seem to do that on desktop apps, if i have a video running in YouTube and have another app in full screen, and change volume, and then click picture, it just vanishes. it doesn't open YouTube.

so why is the game different? I don't expect you to know... I am just thinking.
surely if it steals focus that effect should be everywhere.
curious if it happens like that in other games.

there is this that lets you hide it, doesn't remove completely - https://www.howtogeek.com/269011/how-to-hide-the-volume-pop-up-display-on-windows-8-and-10/

Solution