Question Vonets VAP11G wired printer to wifi printer

theyikes

Commendable
Aug 21, 2018
Hi! I recently purchased a Vonets VAP11G. I connected it to my pc and set it up using the default settings, I then plugged into my printer, I can ping the ip address but I can't get it to print. Does anyone either A: know how to fix this or B: give me the name of a device other than the one I'm using that will help me.

Ralston18

Titan
Make and model router?

Make and model printer? Did you assign the printer a Static IP address?

Does the following link provide the applicable User Manual for you Vonets VAP11G device?

http://www.vonets.com/download/VAR5G/VONETS Series Product Instruction Guide.pdf

Verify that I found the correct User Manual.

Line diagram:

Router[LAN Port] ------ Ethernet cable --->[Ethernet Port] PC and ~~~~ wireless from router ~~~~~> VAP11G ------cable (?) ------>[printer port ?] Printer

Edit and correct my line diagram as necessary. Show all ports and cables.

What did you do and/or change when you "set it [VAP11G] up using the default settings". What are those default settings?

What IP address are you pinging?

On your computer run "ipconfig /all" (without quotes) and post the results.

theyikes

Commendable
Aug 21, 2018
It's connected to my printer, i can see it through the dhcp client list on my router. The ip address is 192.168.1.113, it responds to pings. If that makes sense?

theyikes

Commendable
Aug 21, 2018
Maybe I should elaborate a little. I have a Konica Minolta BizHub C200. It has both USB and RJ45 connections. I'm trying to establish if there is any device i can buy that will allow me to make it into a Wireless printer. I don't want to share it off a PC, I need a standalone unit. Maybe a bridge of some sort or a repeater with a USB port for setting up printers.

theyikes

Commendable
Aug 21, 2018
Ok I bought the BrosTrend 1200Mbps Ethernet-2-WiFi Universal WiFi Adapter. Can I configure it on my pc then connect it to the printer and use it that way or do i need to connect it to the printer then login remotely and configure it that way?

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS