[SOLVED] Vonets VAP11G wired printer to wifi printer

Status
Not open for further replies.

theyikes

Reputable
Aug 21, 2018
Hi! I recently purchased a Vonets VAP11G. I connected it to my pc and set it up using the default settings, I then plugged into my printer, I can ping the ip address but I can't get it to print. Does anyone either A: know how to fix this or B: give me the name of a device other than the one I'm using that will help me.

Solution
As per their product page, there should be a Quick Setup Guide provided. I would just follow the instructions there since I'm unable to find any other documentation.

There is alsso "Easy WPS Setup". If your router supports WPS this would be the easiest way.

Ralston18

Titan
Make and model router?

Make and model printer? Did you assign the printer a Static IP address?

Does the following link provide the applicable User Manual for you Vonets VAP11G device?

http://www.vonets.com/download/VAR5G/VONETS Series Product Instruction Guide.pdf

Verify that I found the correct User Manual.

Line diagram:

Router[LAN Port] ------ Ethernet cable --->[Ethernet Port] PC and ~~~~ wireless from router ~~~~~> VAP11G ------cable (?) ------>[printer port ?] Printer

Edit and correct my line diagram as necessary. Show all ports and cables.

What did you do and/or change when you "set it [VAP11G] up using the default settings". What are those default settings?

What IP address are you pinging?

On your computer run "ipconfig /all" (without quotes) and post the results.

theyikes

Reputable
Aug 21, 2018
Maybe I should elaborate a little. I have a Konica Minolta BizHub C200. It has both USB and RJ45 connections. I'm trying to establish if there is any device i can buy that will allow me to make it into a Wireless printer. I don't want to share it off a PC, I need a standalone unit. Maybe a bridge of some sort or a repeater with a USB port for setting up printers.

theyikes

Reputable
Aug 21, 2018
Ok I bought the BrosTrend 1200Mbps Ethernet-2-WiFi Universal WiFi Adapter. Can I configure it on my pc then connect it to the printer and use it that way or do i need to connect it to the printer then login remotely and configure it that way?

Status
Not open for further replies.