Hi there,

System.
KT7 - RAID
T-bird 900 MHz
128 MB mushkin high perf rev2 222 RAM
2.1 GB Fujitsu HDD (3 yrs old)
generic voodoo1 card 4MB (3 yrs old)
s3 virge 325 4 MB (3 yrs old)

Will upgrade the video cards at a later date, to a geforce 2 GTS.
I have tried to run quake III and f22-adf and I can get through the startup screens. but when i actually go in to a game, it either goes to black screen or shows a screenful of bright blocky colours I can shut this down with using ctrl alt del and shut down the program with the task manager.
I have reinstalled my 3dfx drivers but they were already current anyway.
Have installed Directx 8 from an earlier version - no effect.
Only happens when I try to use the hardware feature on F22, which incidentally uses Glide, don't know if thats the problem. Could it be that it is incompatible in some way with a KT7 RAID?

Everything else runs great and stable - 2d stuff - that is.
Hope someone can help.

Thanks

Kevin

G

The card probably doesn't have enough video memory to run the games. They probably want a minimum of 8 megs (or even 16).

G

It had enough memory before I upgraded to an AMD 900 and KT7 RAID, albeit Quake III ran like a pig, but it still ran.

G

I had similar problems with a diamond voodoo2 card on my tbird 850/asus a7v. I think I had the same 2d card also. I didn't have raid so that probably isn't the problem.

My card would install fine but after I couldn't even bring up the display control panel. I never did figure it out, I just upgrade my card.

G

I haven't got RAID enabled as I have only one drive and it is pretty old anyway.
I am going to upgrade my card, perhaps in a couple of weeks. But would have liked to play some games with high graphics.

Kevin

TazMo

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
I have the same MOBO and I had some problems with IRQ's and/or bus mastering, since the problem seems to be isolated to the voodoo card I would doublecheck its IRQ. I think your 2D card is a PCI card? if so I would disable anything related to AGP in the BIOS and remove all VIA AGP drivers. UPGRADE! It's time..

G

Hi, Voodoo1 graphics cards don't have IRQs just a memory address. Already disabled AGP stuff in BIOS. Don't know how to uninstall AGP drivers. Am upgrading soon to geforce2.

Kevin