Voodoo5500 problems agp

G

Hi i bought a voodoo 5500 64meg agp last year and am running it on a intel d815eea mobo. This board will suport 4X agp beacouse i tried it with a 4x card . my voodoo aperentley suports 4x but my cmos sais 2x !!! I cant change this beacouse it is greayed. I used voodoo tools to make all the right agp settings but same thing. will 4x agp make a difference anyway??
does anyone have the same prob I contcted voodoo @ Intel but im gettin the run around please help $340.00cdn for this!!!#@$#$% Ps it does nicley overclock to 190mhz hehehe

ajmcgarry

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
I doesn't make much difference at all. Benchmarkers still haven't seen any difference between AGP 1x 2x or 4x.

<font color=blue>Smoke me a Kipper, I'll be back for breakfast!</font color=blue>

Check for jumpers on your card and refere to your manual. I bet the AGP setting is Jumper set.

there is a difference between 1x and 2x.. just not 2x and 4x. just because the card has no use for the extra bandwidth is the reason why there is no or little difference between 2x and 4x.

So check for jumpers on the card and refere to your manual.

Later