Status
Not open for further replies.

Jsimenhoff

Community Manager
Editor
Feb 28, 2016
[widget="https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/LVSNNPW",1200][/widget]
The Tom's Hardware Community Picks: Best FPS Games

To help navigate this brave new world for gaming, Tom's Hardware is in the process of assembling the definitive list of PC games in a number of genres. We've already put a few lists together, but the number of titles is lacking. While the Tom's Hardware Editorial team is few in number, the Tom's Hardware Community is legion.

With your input we hope to assemble a list of the best and worst PC games that can truly be called definitive. Over the next few weeks we'll be collecting Community feedback across multiple categories. Once we have a sufficient number of submissions, we'll have the Community vote on the most popular, with a showcase of the winning games on the Tom's Hardware homepage.

This thread will decide the Community Picks for the best FPS Games.

To help get you started here are the Editorial Team's list of best FPS Games on the PC:

We know this list is just a start. Do you have any suggestions? Comment below and give us your best picks!

Lutfij

Titan
BFBC2 since the frostbyte engine showed us all what immersive games in the FPS genre can look.
F.E.A.R since it was something done with minimal effort(on the back end).
Crysis, well it brought anything you gave it to their knees.

U6b36ef

Distinguished
Dec 9, 2010
Unreal. (Including expansion Return to NaPali.)

Half-Life (Plus expansions.)

Halo: Combat Evolved

Far Cry

Halo 2

F.E.A.R. (Plus expansions.)

F.E.A.R. 2

Painkiller: Black edition

Dead Space 2

Borderlands 2 (GOTY)

Serious Sam 3

Metro: Last Light (Metro: Redux)

Crysis, Crysis 3

Homefront: The Revolution

Doom, Doom 2, Doom 3 (plus expansion): Doom 2016 (Negatively affected by checkpoints)

(Hidden gems. Or games that I liked a lot, but were not legendary to me. Or games that I simply replayed a lot.)

Alien Rage: Unlimited

Alien vs Predator (2010)

Sniper Ghost Warrior (Plus expansion.)

Sniper Ghost Warrior 2 (Plus expansion.)

Hard Reset

Dead Effect

Shadow Warrior (2013)

Enemy Territory: Quake Wars

I liked almost every FPS. FPS that I did not like included broken and games with stupid content or senselessly murdering humans, neither was I a fan of human gore.

I like adrenaline pumping action.

Status
Not open for further replies.