Vote with your wallet!

Mar 21, 2018
I refuse to build a new system while gpu cards are so overpriced by suppliers. they are pandering to miners, not the system builders who have kept them solvent. Remember the names of the suppliers who have jacked the prices out of reach of the regular guy.

Solution
There are many factors, but the primary reason GPUs are unavailable is due to mining demand. The increased DRAM prices only add about $20-30 at most to the average price of a graphics card. So the cheaper cards are starting to see this effect, but the mainstream/mid-range cards should not be $400, and no one should be paying $1000 for a 'consumer' grade card of any sort.

I should add that you as the consumer are not buying in volume. GPU manufacturers are, so they aren't as effected by the increased DRAM prices. Doubled to the consumer, even an 8GB GPU at volume isn't going to show that much a difference. That should still make something like a GTX1080 around $600 (Which is oddly available right this second for $615, but the nicer...

Eximo

Titan
Ambassador
There are many factors, but the primary reason GPUs are unavailable is due to mining demand. The increased DRAM prices only add about $20-30 at most to the average price of a graphics card. So the cheaper cards are starting to see this effect, but the mainstream/mid-range cards should not be $400, and no one should be paying $1000 for a 'consumer' grade card of any sort.

I should add that you as the consumer are not buying in volume. GPU manufacturers are, so they aren't as effected by the increased DRAM prices. Doubled to the consumer, even an 8GB GPU at volume isn't going to show that much a difference. That should still make something like a GTX1080 around $600 (Which is oddly available right this second for $615, but the nicer cards are still $800 and up when in stock) And 1080Ti are $900-1000 when they should be $700 or so.

Solution