Voting on Best Answers

McHenryB

Admirable
Is there a reason that Up/Down voting is disabled on a post that has been selected as "Best Answer"? I appreciate that selecting best answer is the prerogative of the OP, and should not be interfered with, but I think it would be useful if one were able to Upvote a particularly good Best Answer, or Downvote a clearly incorrect one.

Solution
That's how it was designed and its implementation predates my tenure here, so I don't quite know the reason why. Maybe they simply didn't see a need for it at the time.

It is a solid suggestion, though, and I will be sure to pass it along--although, as I'm sure you're aware, new features don't get implemented very quickly around here :lol:

Mankar Kameran

Honorable
Jul 13, 2015

I'd have to agree because sometimes there are correct solutions chosen as best answer as they should, but other people have included useful information that's still related.

Titillating

Expert
Ambassador
That's how it was designed and its implementation predates my tenure here, so I don't quite know the reason why. Maybe they simply didn't see a need for it at the time.

It is a solid suggestion, though, and I will be sure to pass it along--although, as I'm sure you're aware, new features don't get implemented very quickly around here :lol:

Solution