VOTW: 3D Music Video Doesn't Require Glasses

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drag0nR1der

Distinguished
Oct 7, 2007
wow, sucky 3d effect, sucky music, and boring video subject matter ... oh, and judging by the comments on youtube, lying about it being novel too. I've always hated the stupid expression 'epic fail' but I'm sorely tempted to use it for this video

Drag0nR1der

Distinguished
Oct 7, 2007
[citation][nom]Drag0nR1der[/nom] ... oh, and judging by the comments on youtube, lying about it being novel too[/citation]

Oops, should have checked my facts firt, those 'other' videos mentioned just use a shaky effect, they dont try to recreate a 3d experience (although this one only 'tries to' rather than succeeds)

mavanhel

Distinguished
Sep 22, 2009
It looks like a really bad horror movie on WAY! too much acid. I couldn't finish the video 'cause it was just terrible and actually hurt my eyes.

ktasley

Distinguished
Jul 14, 2006
The idea is actually really good! They just need to make it so fast we cant see it. 120hz alternating frames should do it.

megajynx

Distinguished
Dec 10, 2005
After watching a few times I noticed a few parts of the video ALMOST portrayed a sense of three dimensions similar to the 3DTVs they have on display at BestBuy... after of course a series of eye aches, migraines, compulsive vomiting, a half a bottle of Peptol, a nap, more migraines, and some earplugs.

Bolbi

Distinguished
Jul 11, 2009
Close... But the frames were slow enough that I didn't get a complete sense of 3D. The one thing it did succeed in doing is making someone who has never been motion-sick before nauseous! :)

counselmancl

Distinguished
Nov 10, 2009
You can interpolate a 2d image that when viewed with a focus point either in front of or behind the actual image, an actual 3d picture emerges. This is the concept behind the magic eye pictures that were a fad fifteen years ago. That concept could work for moving 3d pictures. I'm not sure if you would have to use a random dot type system or if you could somehow use real video frames. Also, stereoscopic pictures can be viewed in 3d without the viewer using the same method to view the magic eye photos.

I'm not sure if those techniques would take off or not because it would require training the eye to do something unnatural, but that is a way to get 3d images on current technology without any extra equipment.

FunYun

Distinguished
Sep 15, 2006
Ugh, this the first time I have ever had a video give me a headache.

Some of the scenes do look 3D, maybe with a higher framrate it would look better.

Status
Not open for further replies.