Question VPN: Free vs Paid

veltix01

Honorable
Aug 18, 2015
Which free VPN let you serve with no logs records and sell of your data away? Are there any safe ones? Paid vpn is express VPN the best one but I'm without credit card. So require free VPN (not trial) no logs records

R_1

Expert
Ambassador
no free VPNs at all.
they hoover all information sent through them and sell that information, nothing is free.
without credit card? I know that PrivateInternetAccess will let you pay with a gift card. go to a store and load up a card, go to PIA and you can use that to pay, pair that with a temporary e-mail address and you will be completely anonymous.

also do not buy lifetime memberships. choose a service with a history of good service.

borris618

Distinguished
May 6, 2013
You can never be certain that a VPN supplier is not making log or sells your data. It may sound like paranoia but you just have no way to tell and as history tells us big data companies lie their ass off when it comes to making money.

Reactions: Abhinav2005

henterpriser

Reputable
Sep 14, 2019
Free vpn services gain profit by sending logs to providers AND showing ads.

However there are some free vpn services selling ANONYMOUS statistics to the providers.

Have you ever used the famous ProtonMail? If you do so that company made a VPN service called ProtonVPN that have some free and paid plans. Both plans are AD free and unlimited. They even give you 7 free trial Only with signing up with email on their paid plan.(no credit card/payment details needed)

Still it's dangerous. Even the paid ones sell your data too. The best way is to buy a VPS and set a Completely Personal VPN on it.

Good Luck.

QwerkyPengwen

Splendid
Ambassador
I personally have and use Private Internet Access.
The service is rock solid, and if I am to take their word as well as Linus's word for it, they keep zero logs.
And I paid $40 USD just recently (since they upped the pricing a little bit about a year ago) for a whole year.
You get up to ten individual devices connected using the app either on desktop or mobile at the same time (you can have more devices with the app, you just can't use more than 10 at the same time), and they support PPTP and L2TP connection methods.

QwerkyPengwen

Splendid
Ambassador
However, I should note that PIA is not suitable for bypassing geo restrictions on streaming services like Netflix, Disney+, Hulu, etc. You would want to go with ExpressVPN for that since as far as I am aware, they are the only ones who are keeping up with Netflix and the like to countermeasure the streaming services countermeasures for using a VPN

McOwnage118

Distinguished
Nov 7, 2014
I use Windscribe it gives you 10 Gigs bandwidth free (it counts upload and download as the bandwidth you can also do a few things to get a little more bandwidth a month). I used it for 6 months before I went pro (which gives you extra features). What I like about Windscribe is if you run out of the free bandwidth while online or get disconnected from the service it automatically puts up its own firewall that blocks all incoming and outgoing traffic until you either reconnect to Windscribe(which it turns off the firewall automatically) or turn off the firewall manually (which is fast and easy to do). You can use put it on your router(if your router supports VPN) it also is available for Mac, Windows, Chrome, Firefox, iPhone, Android, Linux. DO NOT try and make more accounts for more free bandwidth I have been told you will be banned. You can get more info at the site just Google it.

So you know I do not work for or affiliated with Windscribe.
I am not paid or get any advantages for posting about Winscribe.
I just love it!