VPN - General Question

ali

Hi,

I'm a beginner with networking, and have a general question on VPN using
PPTP.

If i setup a VPN and let someone access my server, and my server/other
servers on my network have shares on them. Does that mean the user can
double click on his network neighbourhood icon and see the whole network
automatically? Or, is there alot more than that to be done?

Thanks,

Ali

teething

Distinguished
Dec 14, 2004

Once the user has authenticated through your VPN protocol, it will be
as if they are a machine on your network. You can roll down GPO's, map
drives, share printers, and just about everything else. Yes, they will
be able to browse the network neighborhood.