Vpn recommendation for internet security

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 17, 2019
Are you using vpn? If yes then which one? I heard that free vpn's are worthless. I'm thinking to get a paid vpn for 1 year because I'm going to travel a lot this year. Plus for torrenting. Any suggestions or recommendations?

Thanks

I have also used nordvpn but now I use PIA. Mostly because there were large performance difference in my previous ISP. This was actually the reason I got a VPN in the first place because that stupid ISP took a very long path to a second ISP and the VPN provider had a better path. Now on a new ISP and they pretty much work the same but I am too lazy to switch to another provider.

With VPN unfortunately you have to try them yourself. It tends to be impossible to know all the complexities of how your ISP is connected to the various VPN data centers and how those data centers connect to internet things you need access to.

I would try a number of them. Some have small free trials or like PIA have actual performance tests on their web site with no installs. If you are going to test multiple VPN providers I would try to run the VPN in your router. Some client based VPN do not uninstall cleanly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS