VPN Server Software Wanted!

gesteiger

Reputable
Dec 13, 2014
Wow, Really? I just got 300mbps speed and was bored. After installing 6 SSD I figured I ask random questions to get random answers.

Solution
G
You want to build a proxy server on your home LAN and somehow this will hide your public IP ?

confused.com
G

You want to build a proxy server on your home LAN and somehow this will hide your public IP ?

confused.com

Solution
Hamachi is the popular one people use but many routers now support vpn.

I suspect though the confusion is because you are asking for something that can not exist.

So if your goal is say I am at work and they block stuff including all the public VPN server...or I just don't want to pay for them. What you can do is setup your own VPN server or proxy using one the many options. This is mostly personal preference if you want to say load software on your router to do sslvpn or you want to use a dedicated machine. There are routers that have the VPN functions all pre installed.

So if you would use this all your traffic from your unauthorized surfing from work would now appear to come from your home ip.

Now if what you want is to use you home network and somehow make a vpn to a different network and do it all for free that is likely not possible. That would be like you setting up your VPN network in your house to use from work and then allowing random people to use it for free. They would use up all your bandwidth pretty quickly and that does not even think about what happens if they do illegal stuff. This is not a technical limitation and there are idiots who setup totally open vpn but they do not last long before a ISP or government agency shuts them down for misuse.

gesteiger

Reputable
Dec 13, 2014
taking webpages from one server and processes so that the main server is protected and hidden. Useful or required for indirect access to the web and or the server.