[SOLVED] VPN STILL CONNECTED BUT NO INTERNET ACCESS

Sep 18, 2019
Hello, So basically when I connect to my VPN "Betternet" (that has been working for the past year) I do not disconnect but instead I can not get a connection to websites with the error "ERR-CONNECTION-CLOSED" Now despite this I also can not play any games without it saying I have no access to internet EVEN THOUGH I can still download Games from the Microsoft Store. Any Help please Just found out i can still access google search but not any other websites like youtube :/ i dont get it oh also can some how use gogole remote desktop flawlessly

Last edited:
Solution
The vpn client likely is doing something like leaking DNS queries and the softaware your father has likely is detecting and blocking stuff. Hard to say when it is not a more popular VPN that lots of people have spent the time making sure it does not have data leaks.
If you are trying to use some obscure vpn to get past a system that has list of vpn providers you are is for lots of problems. These type of system normally have a monthly subscription so someone is very serious about stopping you.
It has to be some issue with the vpn client. You get what you pay for and when you are using a service that is free you get all kind of strange issues. These clients do all kinds of nasty things to try to get money via ads or in some cases they load bit coin miners. It can also be some kind of limitation where they allow certain type of traffic and not others on the free client to try to force you to upgrade to a pay service.

Best option is to likely unistall and reinstall the client. Maybe better just uninstall it and go to one of the larger VPN providers where you have more people using the client that can help you when the company won't

The vpn client likely is doing something like leaking DNS queries and the softaware your father has likely is detecting and blocking stuff. Hard to say when it is not a more popular VPN that lots of people have spent the time making sure it does not have data leaks.
If you are trying to use some obscure vpn to get past a system that has list of vpn providers you are is for lots of problems. These type of system normally have a monthly subscription so someone is very serious about stopping you.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS