VPN Worked, Suddenly It does not anymore. Get Error 721

Hello everyone,
My WIN XP PRO VPN connection worked perfectly for almost a month and
now it decided not to work. It's the darnedest thing and I hope you
all can help. I click on the VPN connection and it finds the address,
but then it gets stuck on the "Verify username and password" after
about 20 seconds I get an error 721 pop up. This connection worked
great just last week and now it does not. I have deleted it, restarted
the host computer, and created the connection again, but nothing
happened I would get the same error. I have ports 1723 and 47 open in
my router. I have no idea why it does not work now. I would appreciate
any help at all as I am sure this is a simple matter to fix as all of
my problems are. Thank you in advance.

You are the third person this past week who has had this issue...
Hmmm...

What router do you have? If it is a MS router, did you let it
autoupdate itself? Also, have you applied any new security hotfixes
lately?

http://www.remotenetworktechnology.com

On 12 Aug 2004 18:11:33 -0700, aspireasset@hotmail.com (Alan S.)
wrote:

>Hello everyone,
> My WIN XP PRO VPN connection worked perfectly for almost a month and
>now it decided not to work. It's the darnedest thing and I hope you
>all can help. I click on the VPN connection and it finds the address,
>but then it gets stuck on the "Verify username and password" after
>about 20 seconds I get an error 721 pop up. This connection worked
>great just last week and now it does not. I have deleted it, restarted
>the host computer, and created the connection again, but nothing
>happened I would get the same error. I have ports 1723 and 47 open in
>my router. I have no idea why it does not work now. I would appreciate
>any help at all as I am sure this is a simple matter to fix as all of
>my problems are. Thank you in advance.

I am having a similar problem with my tunnel

I am using a microsoft router and my tunnel goes down
after 20 minutes for no reason. No one else in my office
is having this problem. What does it mean if my router
auto updates itself?

The router doesn't autoupdate on its own.

The Microsoft Broadband Networking software you may (or may not!) have
installed in your pc's does check for updates and allow you to choose and
download them.

So you'd probably remember if you've made an update. One has been offered
sometime in the last weeks--not sure exactly how long.