[SOLVED] VPS Webhosting and Dedicated Server Question.

Jan 7, 2019
This image that i am providing is to give you an idea on what i am looking for. if you look at number 1 its a VPS webhosting server located in canada, and the next is the Number 2 - dedicated server in kansas city USA, What i want to know is it feasible to make a link connection from Number 1 to Number 2. So lets say i created a download link and it is coming from the VPS (Canada) and the link is pointing to the Dedicated Server(Kansas) and was able to download the file by clicking on it would i be able to download that file even know it is coming from 2 different locations?
oHmBG6k.png

If you do know on how this works please do me a favor provide me a solution.
Thanks, Bows
Rikor420

Solution
You can set this all up yourself if you really want to spend the time to do it but most people do not want to deal with all the messy details to set it up.

This is a service provided by many hosting providers. One of the best known is akamai. The web site you are using right now is using akamai to make it appear as a single server but it is actually many. I have not dug to find the details but you can test it easily by using the nslookup command and change the DNS it uses. You will get different ip addresses from different DNS servers and you get different IP if you use VPN to change your external location.
You can set this all up yourself if you really want to spend the time to do it but most people do not want to deal with all the messy details to set it up.

This is a service provided by many hosting providers. One of the best known is akamai. The web site you are using right now is using akamai to make it appear as a single server but it is actually many. I have not dug to find the details but you can test it easily by using the nslookup command and change the DNS it uses. You will get different ip addresses from different DNS servers and you get different IP if you use VPN to change your external location.

Solution