VR/Gaming PC first-built. Power cable problem KFA2 gtx1070 and Corsair CS650M

Lililashka

Prominent
Jul 7, 2017
Hi guys,
I'm a newbie here so my question maybe simple but I'd highly appreciated if you could help out. Thank you :D

I'm currently installing KFA2 GTX1070 but not sure how to connect it to the PSU Corsair CS650M.

PSU: Cable 6+2PCI-E >> one side has 8 pins, another side has 2 heads - each head has 6 pins and 2 pins.
GPU1070: Has 2 slots >> first one has 6 pins, second one has 8 pins

I've read somewhere that I should connect PSU Cable with 8 pins directly to the PSU and already did it but I'm not sure how to connect another end of the cable to the GPU1070.

Should I just connect 6 pin end (PSU cable) with 6 pin slot (GPU) and left 2 extra pins hanging.
And in 8 pin slot (GPU), I will just plug both 6 pin end + 2 pin end (PSU cable) in it? If so in which order!?!

Thank you so much in advance!!!
Lili

Solution

Hi Lili :) I apologize for the extended wait and I hope you've got this problem covered. This is for you and anybody else that runs into this issue.

1. Yes. Leave the 2 pins hanging.

2. Yes and the order doesn't matter. The only thing that matters is that the user isn't attempting to connect a 4+4 CPU(EPS) cable to a GFX card. Pins don't match but I've heard about it. Just make sure they are all fully seated before connecting any power to the case.

Solution