VR Gets Audible: Next Galaxy's CEEKARS 4D Headphones Arrive

Status
Not open for further replies.

d_kuhn

Distinguished
Mar 26, 2002
Sennheiser, Shure, Audio-Technica, even Bose (if you don't mind paying too much)... all are solid choices that will provide quality sound compared to the specialty 'computer' or 'gaming' headphones.

Vorador2

Distinguished
Jun 26, 2007
Sounds like bullshit. They claim to employ some kind of mumbo-jumbo tech

"physics-based audio rendering that assesses the physical attributes of the VR environment and overlays appropriate geometric data and haptic feedback to create a fully immersive and dynamic soundscape in real time"

which sounds like a PR desesperately shoving some technical words to fool it's audience into believeing these cans do something that hasn't been done before.

Seriously. VR SDKs usually take care of sound positioning. You don't need to buy some extra "special" headphones, just use your own preferred cans and done.

nstephan

Reputable
Mar 24, 2015
I was able to try them out at CES this year and they are far from "crap"... They were exactly what the market was missing in this space and for only a few hundred...

BrushyBill

Distinguished
May 23, 2014

What is, "far from crap"? Could you explain or compare? I ask because a few hundred dollars can get you a pretty nice headphone for gaming/music. And I'm not talking about a headset with a "gamer" tag for selling point. I mean a quality headphone like Beyerdynamic, AKG or any other various quality headphone.

nstephan

Reputable
Mar 24, 2015

When you use Ceekars, they have this captivating feeling to them, not only the frequency response from the audio but they have haptics builtin. They add a sensational response for cinematic experiences, normally felt with larger systems that include sub output. They are light, very comfortable and less then $200... They felt more like a headphone that I wanted to experience something with rather then kickback and listen to music with. I hope that helps explain what I was meaning.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS