Vram maxing out with gtx 1050 and forcing me to change settings from map to map in Beam NG Drive (open world driving game)

Hello, I really appreciate any help I get from this thread!

I have a moderate spec gaming pc as follows:

AMD Ryzen 3 1200 4c/4t Cpu @ 3.1Ghz
8GB Gskill Ripjaws V DDR4 @3200mhz (rated speed no XMP)
PNY Nvidia GTX 1050 2gb (very slight OC <100mhz core and ram)
MSI B350 Gaming Plus Motherboard
HP S700 120GB :( SSD with Windows 10 X64
Hitachi 500 GB 7200 RPM game drive

I am having an issue with some games where my framerates will be unplayable at times. For example, in Beam NG drive I will get hundreds of FPS (100-300 in some cases no joke) at 1080p Highest settings on maps like the empty grid map and some smaller maps that do not have thick forests and other things to load, however in some maps those settings result in framerates so low I can hardly get into the settings to lower graphics options. When there is a lot of trees or buildings on screen my frame rates plummet and stutter like crazy. I have noticed in Fortnite (when I still played it) I could run get 40fps average at 1080p epic settings but when I got into busy areas and into a lot of fights I would get tons of stuttering and sometimes freezes for like 5 seconds before resuming when I was dead (usually).

In beam ng, my CPU is only utilized 40% average where my Graphics card and VRAM is at 100% 95% of the time even on low settings in some maps. I have never seen a game that very so much depending on the map. I have also found beam using over 7GB of my ram when loading in maps. Occasionally I am getting low fps even when my GPU and CPU aren't maxed out, however, further investigation leaves only VRAM to blame.

Please leave any suggestions of things to try to fix it for right now. I plan on upgrading my GPU ( maybe in a year or sooner) as my CPU really is underutilized most of the times because of that bottleneck, however, I don't know what to upgrade to. I may get a GTX 1060 6gb or Rx 580 8gb once RTX lineup is out, hopefully lowering prices. I was thinking if a GTX 2050 (just a speculation) is reasonably priced I may look for one of them. What do you suggest? I am using newer display drivers and putting GPU at stock clock causes even worse issues.