May 21, 2020
Hi All Sorry If I cant Speak English Very Well So I have RTX 2070 With 8g Vram And 32Gig Physical Ram When I Run Game My Gpu Only Use 3Gig Of Its Vram And Use 4 Gig of physical Ram And Its Make my game Run Slower What TO Do i Dont Want My Gpu Use System Ram I Want It Use its Own Vram

Help Me If I Wrong

Information: Cpu:Intel Core I7 9700K

RTX 2070 8G

Ram : 32G 2400

Solution
Today's games don't require a full 8GB of VRAM, especially if you happen to be gaming at a lower resolution like 1080p. And both of those games have been out a while, so that's likely all the VRAM they need.

The VRAM is used for the graphics card to render the visuals, but games will also use system RAM for other things, so it's perfectly normal for a game to be using both system RAM and VRAM.

Are you getting less performance than expected?
May 21, 2020
what the os? fresh install for this build?
what game? where did you get it?
windows 10
i buy this system 2 days ago
just like max payne 3 or world of warcraft
and other one
this programs just use 2 or max 4G From 8G Vram And Meanwhile Use 4G From 32G Physical Ram there is any way to force Gpu Use Its Vram First Not System Ram?

Today's games don't require a full 8GB of VRAM, especially if you happen to be gaming at a lower resolution like 1080p. And both of those games have been out a while, so that's likely all the VRAM they need.

The VRAM is used for the graphics card to render the visuals, but games will also use system RAM for other things, so it's perfectly normal for a game to be using both system RAM and VRAM.

Reactions: jinkadama3
Solution
May 21, 2020

this is first time i buy system like this and i dont know its good or not i just found out why my game use 5G System Ram while it have 6G Free Graphic Ram why Graphic Dosnt Use All It Vram Why It Use System Ram Unless You Say Graphic Card Just Use For Visual Effect So There Is No Way To Use Full Vram
So Its My Mistake To Buy Ram With 2400Mh .If I Know That I Buy 16G Atleast 3200 Mh

It is the graphics driver that manages vram(the ram on the video card)
How much is needed at any given time is determined by the game.

Much the same happens with system ram.
Windows manages system ram.
How much is needed is determined by the game.

Windows will keep unused code in ram on the possibility that it may be reused.

Best not to worry about it and just enjoy your gaming.
You have a very strong combination of cpu and gpu.

Reactions: jinkadama3

uxcioss

Prominent
Jan 29, 2019
May I ask what do you mean with "make game run slower"? What resolution and graphics settings are you using for which game? Do you experience stuttering, tearing etc? Did you measure your FPS? What is your OS build and graphics driver versions?

May 21, 2020
May I ask what do you mean with "make game run slower"? What resolution and graphics settings are you using for which game? Do you experience stuttering, tearing etc? Did you measure your FPS? What is your OS build and graphics driver versions?
i dont have problem i just want to know why gpu use ram while it have free vram i have solotion that gpu use automatic and we cant do nothing its normal