vargasbill

Reputable
May 22, 2019
Hello,

A few months ago I bought a PNY GTX1070Ti blower edition for a good price. I've used this GPU in many games and it works very well except for the noisy (I fixed the fan curve to higher RPMs, that makes it even noisier), so I purchased a GPU cooler, Arctic Accelero Extreme III.
I carelfully installed it to my GPU including the aluminium heat sinks and after a few games I noticed that temps are now between 50° - 55° under full load so it's pretty impressive. Despite these results, I tried to check VRM temperatures as well but I didn't realize that this GPU doesn't have a sensor for VRM temps.
I don't know if I should be worried since VRM are only with these heat sinks and if they are enough to not overheating. My case has a good air flow so I don't consider this could be a problem. I'm trying to get a temperature sensor but I wonder what could be the ideal location inside the GPU to place it, or should I place it on the back of PCB?

I appreciate your comments,

Solution
GPU doesn't have a VRM temperature sensor
It actually does though, it's just that Nvidia designed the gpu to report temp readings as the average of 3: the gpu core, memory, and VRM.
If you want to specifically read the VRM temp, you'll have to use a thermocouple or similar device.

vargasbill

Reputable
May 22, 2019
It actually does though, it's just that Nvidia designed the gpu to report temp readings as the average of 3: the gpu core, memory, and VRM.
If you want to specifically read the VRM temp, you'll have to use a thermocouple or similar device.
I think I'll use a temperature sensor to measure VRM temp, also comments here are a relief to me in some way