[SOLVED] VS550 With RTX 3070

Solution
Hey Since the rtx 3070 will draw 220w can my VS550 hold it?
i have 1070 that works fine.

This is already a bad idea, why double down? Using a budget PSU on a $500 GPU is penny-wise, pound-foolish. It's not an emergency if this is a gray-and-white Corsair VS rather than one with orange letters, but you're pushing hardware to things it's not designed for.

DSzymborski

Titan
Hey Since the rtx 3070 will draw 220w can my VS550 hold it?
i have 1070 that works fine.

This is already a bad idea, why double down? Using a budget PSU on a $500 GPU is penny-wise, pound-foolish. It's not an emergency if this is a gray-and-white Corsair VS rather than one with orange letters, but you're pushing hardware to things it's not designed for.

Solution

Ziadul87

Reputable
BANNED
because maybe i dont need more than this? i have i7 8700 65w max and all of the other hardware maybe 100W
so 65w cpu + 100w + 220 (he will never go full power cuz i play 1080p) thats 385w?
Many cheap garbages are rated for 800W. But if you add 2080Ti or any power hungry GPU, it'll die.
Gray VS can hold it for a while. It may run for a few years more or it may die in just a few months. No guarantees. But it's safe to use a PSU with quality you can trust. Like this one here:
https://www.corsair.com/us/en/Categ...Supply-Units/cx-series-config/p/CP-9020121-NA
Apparently Corsair PSUs are out of stocks in some regions and overpriced in others due to covid-19. But if you can get a CX550, it'd be for the best.
I myself am using a VS450 gray label for about a year now. But my system barely hits 250W. I wouldn't risk a more powerful GPU on it.

TRENDING THREADS