[SOLVED] Vs550w gtx 770 2gb

Feb 19, 2019
I am thinking of buying a gtx 770 2gb Gainward card, and I have a vs 550w psu, will it be ok, I’m not going to do overclocking and I have a athlon quad core cpu or something like that. The motherboard uses a 8 pin cpu power connecter so i wonderd if it will be fine using the card for my pc.

Thank you.

Solution
If you are talking about the Corsair VS 550 PSU, I would be hesitant using that low end Corsair with the GTX 770. The card requires a 6-pin and 8-pin power connector, can draw over 230W, and normally requires a 600W PSU.

The card will actually work with your PSU, but if the old Athlon can ever get the card to near 100% usage, you might experience shut downs, reboots, or PSU failure.

clutchc

Titan
Ambassador
If you are talking about the Corsair VS 550 PSU, I would be hesitant using that low end Corsair with the GTX 770. The card requires a 6-pin and 8-pin power connector, can draw over 230W, and normally requires a 600W PSU.

The card will actually work with your PSU, but if the old Athlon can ever get the card to near 100% usage, you might experience shut downs, reboots, or PSU failure.

Solution
Feb 19, 2019
Ok thank you guys for the help, but I might get a 770 for 33usd, and I’m not thinking of playing any high quality games but a few other games. And it is a Corsair vs psu, but will it be ok and I might sell my pc some time soon. Just maybe.

Last edited:
Feb 19, 2019
I wonderd if a gtx 770 will work on my vs550w psu, but i think it will because right now i have a r7 360 series gpu, and i can run that overclocked with out any problems. (sometimes after i turn my pc off and turn it on after a overclock it makes a wierd noise and then it goes away) So will it work running a gtx 770 with out any overclocking? Sry if my english is bad iam norwegian.

Thank you.

clutchc

Titan
Ambassador
I wonderd if a gtx 770 will work on my vs550w psu, but i think it will because right now i have a r7 360 series gpu, and i can run that overclocked with out any problems. (sometimes after i turn my pc off and turn it on after a overclock it makes a wierd noise and then it goes away) So will it work running a gtx 770 with out any overclocking? Sry if my english is bad iam norwegian.

Thank you.
Hey, Norway guy. :) Your English is great (y)
The GTX 770 will work (as I said above). But you will be over-stressing the PSU at max load (if the Athlon can ever get the GPU to max load, that is). Besides, the R7 360 is only a 100W card, even OC'ed it would not have come close to the demand of the GTX 770 at stock.
R7-360 vs GTX 770

Feb 19, 2019
I dont know if i will get the gtx 770 but maybe. But i have the AMD athlon(tm) X4 845 Quad Core processor 3.50 Ghz.

Thank you guys for the help, and i hope i will get the gtx 770.