rookiesharma114

Commendable
Mar 2, 2018
woozypictures.com
Hi everyone,

Ive had a trusty Grey Label Corsair Vs650 for around 1.5-2yrs now and its been 100% perfect, no issues at all (Aside from very minor coil whine under stress). My cousin was building a PC but because of the pandemic, he cant get his parts in time and has decided to opt for a console. Hes given me his brand new unopened Corsair CV650w PSU. Ive done a paperclip test and the units working, if anything it was completely packaged and unopened. What is the better option for me to keep? The VS650 or the CV650?

Specs:

CPU: Ryzen 5 1600x (NEW CPU: Ryzen 5 3600)
CPU Cooler: Hyper 212 EVO
Thermal Paste: Hyper 212 MasterGel
GPU: GIGABYTE RTX 2070 OC 8GB
Mobo: ASROCK AB350 Pro 4
Ram: 4x8GB Kingston HyperXFury DDR4 Black
Case: CiT Raider
SSD #1: Samsung EVO 850 256gb
SSD #2 (Games Only): Samsung 860 EVO 1tb
HDD #3 (Deep Storage): Samsung 2.5inch 5000rpm 1tb HDD
Total Power Draw (according to PCP): 443w

The paper clip test is useful to confirm a dead psu.
It is totally worthless to test proper operation.

While the corsair VS units are not considered highly reliable, I do not know that they are dangerous if they should fail.
I would continue using your current psu and keep the CV650 around as a replacement in case of failure.

rookiesharma114

Commendable
Mar 2, 2018
woozypictures.com
The paper clip test is useful to confirm a dead psu.
It is totally worthless to test proper operation.

While the corsair VS units are not considered highly reliable, I do not know that they are dangerous if they should fail.
I would continue using your current psu and keep the CV650 around as a replacement in case of failure.
Yeah sorry should have written, i literally only did paperclip test just to check if it was working since he just gave me it randomly. I ended up swapping out the VS for the CV since its 80plus bronze whereas the VS650 is 80plus white. Thanks anyways :D

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts