Vsync mouse lag? 4870s

rpaulg87

Distinguished
Mar 12, 2009
I've had this problem with just about every graphic card I've ever owned, but when I'm running crossfired 4870s, I want to be able to use Vsync. I had always gamed with it off, because whenever I enable it, I seem to get mouse lag, where as with it turned off, I never do. Does anybody know a fix, or know why it generates mouse lag? I can't imagine it's still a common-issue, as I'm sure most people here game with it on if they have a serious gaming computer, help would be appreciated. Thanks!

rpaulg87

Distinguished
Mar 12, 2009
I want it on as with crossfired, if I don't have it on I see graphical glitches like lil horrizontal lines on the screen lighting up, even when in the menus of games...with Vsync on, they are non-existant.

rpaulg87

Distinguished
Mar 12, 2009
So....this mouse lag problem has never been fixed in any drivers....? I can't exactly aim with the mouse lag vsync creates, but the strange lines that are constantly ingame are very distracting...it's not even SCREEN tearing that I'm seeing with Vsync off, it's as if you can see the actual SCALEING lines when Crossfire is on...

rpaulg87

Distinguished
Mar 12, 2009
Ok, I turned of Catalyst A.I. which turns off crossfire, did it ingame, the flashing lines went away, turned it back on, flashing lines came back...I'm guessing this is a driver issue, I searched around and found other people are experienceing it, but no one has found a fix yet, other than to disable a graphic card... meh...very lame..I'm just HOPEING it's not a faulty card, since I only have 12 days or so to send this Sapphire card back, if it is bad...grrr

rpaulg87

Distinguished
Mar 12, 2009
Update*
Forget it, I searched around and found that this has been a issue for crossfire users for almost 8 months, and still exists, pathetic. I'm sending the new 4870 back, and I'll stay single-card from here on out, I can't believe issues sli and crossfire STILL have after so long, even more so that they haven't even touched the bugs that have apparently been around for quite some time. Not bothering with a dual-graphic card setup again.

freeprince

Distinguished
Sep 3, 2011

i have the same graphics card, I never get any lines from with or without vsync. even at 1600x1200 resolution I get worst case scenario some lag. Are you sure you have enough ram, and is your bios up to date?

freeprince

Distinguished
Sep 3, 2011
and also I just remember the 1 time I ever experienced that problem is when I turned my resolution way up and left it at 60hz, this was too low, so I turned it up to 75hz and it worked fine.