Question VSync now creates noticable input lag ?

May 13, 2023
I've been playing this computer for about a year, with every game running VSync, and there was no input lag.
Then out of nowhere, for some reason every game now suffers from horrendous input lag whenever VSync is on.
Could this be a bugged monitor, it's an MSI MAG271CR that I got 3 years ago ?

Lutfij

Titan
Try and run DDU, remove all GPU drivers, then manually reisntall the latest driver for your GPU in an elevated command(assuming you're on Windows OS), i.e, Right click installer>Run as Administrator.

See if that alleviates the issue. Would advise on checking to see if your motherboard is pending any BIOS updates.

For the sake of relevance, it's a good idea to include your system's specs. Please list the specs to your build like so:
CPU:
CPU cooler:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:
Monitor:

Might also want to report on temps for your hardware at this moment of time.

May 13, 2023
Try and run DDU, remove all GPU drivers, then manually reisntall the latest driver for your GPU in an elevated command(assuming you're on Windows OS), i.e, Right click installer>Run as Administrator.

See if that alleviates the issue. Would advise on checking to see if your motherboard is pending any BIOS updates.

For the sake of relevance, it's a good idea to include your system's specs. Please list the specs to your build like so:
CPU:
CPU cooler:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:
Monitor:

Might also want to report on temps for your hardware at this moment of time.
My apologies, here are the specs:
-
CPU: i7-11700k
CPU cooler: MSI MAG CORE LUQUID 360R V2
Motherboard: z590m gaming x
Ram: (2x16) 32gb 3600mhz Ripjaws
SSD/HDD: Samsung 4tb m.2 nvme ssd
GPU: TUF gaming 3080ti 12gb
PSU: thermaltake toughpower pf1 ARGB 1050w
Chassis: Thermaltake View 71 TG ARGB E-ATX
Monitor: MSI MAG271CR 144hrtz 1080p 27 inch
-
Temp context: spotify open, a few chrome tabs, discord, steam
GPU = 42c
CPU Ave. = 42c - 55c
SSD = 46c
-
I updated the bios, I'll go run DDU and re-install the gpu drivers and report back