VTES Players Of The World Unite!

Throw off your shackles and be free! Or something.

Because I am a megalomaniac struck by inspiration (or something?), I
think it would be really cool for there to be a group VTES blog on
which people all over the world could post their tournament reports,
VTES travel stories, or just amusing ramblings.

Because it's all about the people.

Ambitiously, (perhaps overambitiously :) I intend to at least try to
blog my own trip to Origins this year (starting tomorrow!) and
encourage anyone and everyone else to do the same (for Origins, GenCon
Indy, European qualifiers, the EC, and so on and so forth). Email me
if you would like to have an account added to this project:
jtduffin(.at.)gmail(.dot.)com.

You can see the very basic setup at
http://the-madness-network.blogspot.com/.

Play on!

Josh

players only love you when they're playin'

jtduffin@yahoo.com wrote:
> Ambitiously, (perhaps overambitiously :) I intend to at least try to
> blog my own trip to Origins this year (starting tomorrow!) and

[snip]

I'm sure it will start out with "Well, my car broke down again..." but I
digress. ;)

Kevin M., Prince of Las Vegas
"Know your enemy, and know yourself; in one-thousand battles
you shall never be in peril." -- Sun Tzu, *The Art of War*
"Contentment... Complacency... Catastrophe!" -- Joseph Chevalier

Kevin M. wrote:
> jtduffin@yahoo.com wrote:
> > Ambitiously, (perhaps overambitiously :) I intend to at least try to
> > blog my own trip to Origins this year (starting tomorrow!) and
>
> [snip]
>
> I'm sure it will start out with "Well, my car broke down again..." but I
> digress. ;)

You just watch yourself. I've got the death sentence on twelve
highways!

Josh

knock on wood & bite your tongue!

jtduffin@yahoo.com wrote:
> Throw off your shackles and be free! Or something.
>
> Because I am a megalomaniac struck by inspiration (or something?), I
> think it would be really cool for there to be a group VTES blog on
> which people all over the world could post their tournament reports,
> VTES travel stories, or just amusing ramblings.
>
> Because it's all about the people.
>
> Ambitiously, (perhaps overambitiously :) I intend to at least try to
> blog my own trip to Origins this year (starting tomorrow!) and
> encourage anyone and everyone else to do the same (for Origins, GenCon
> Indy, European qualifiers, the EC, and so on and so forth). Email me
> if you would like to have an account added to this project:
> jtduffin(.at.)gmail(.dot.)com.
>
> You can see the very basic setup at
> http://themadnessnetwork.blogspot.com/.

Already a correction?! Well, yes. The address is now
http://themadnessnetwork.blogspot.com, as it was pointed out that
remembering what kind of punctuation is in there becomes easier if
there is no punctuation.

Used to by hyphens, now it's nothing at all.

Still true: email me if you'd like to make blog entries!

Josh

should be sleeping, or else finishing decks

jtduffin@yahoo.com wrote:

> You just watch yourself. I've got the death sentence on twelve
> highways!

Oh, he'll be careful.

Peter D Bakija
pdb6@lightlink.com
http://www.lightlink.com/pdb6

"So in conclusion, our business plan is to sell hot,
easily spilled liquids to naked people."
-Brittni Meil

pat

Expert

"Peter D Bakija" <pdb6@lightlink.com> wrote in message
> jtduffin@yahoo.com wrote:
>
>> You just watch yourself. I've got the death sentence on twelve
>> highways!
>
> Oh, he'll be careful.

He'll be DEAD!

- Pat
never one to miss an easy setup

jtduffin@yahoo.com wrote:
> jtduffin@yahoo.com wrote:
> > Throw off your shackles and be free! Or something.
> >
> > Because I am a megalomaniac struck by inspiration (or something?), I
> > think it would be really cool for there to be a group VTES blog on
> > which people all over the world could post their tournament reports,
> > VTES travel stories, or just amusing ramblings.
> >
> > Because it's all about the people.
> >
> > Ambitiously, (perhaps overambitiously :) I intend to at least try to
> > blog my own trip to Origins this year (starting tomorrow!) and
> > encourage anyone and everyone else to do the same (for Origins, GenCon
> > Indy, European qualifiers, the EC, and so on and so forth). Email me
> > if you would like to have an account added to this project:
> > jtduffin(.at.)gmail(.dot.)com.
> >
> > You can see the very basic setup at
> > http://themadnessnetwork.blogspot.com/.
>
> Already a correction?! Well, yes. The address is now
> http://themadnessnetwork.blogspot.com, as it was pointed out that
> remembering what kind of punctuation is in there becomes easier if
> there is no punctuation.
>
> Used to by hyphens, now it's nothing at all.
>
> Still true: email me if you'd like to make blog entries!
>

> Josh
>
> should be sleeping, or else finishing decks

I thought this was going to be a live blog, you know, with updates
after each day of Origins. I guess you plan to update it with Origins
goodness when you get back. Those of us too unfortunate to not be at
Origins will have to wait a few more days to hear anything I guess.

Later,
~Rehlow

Rehlow wrote:
> jtduffin@yahoo.com wrote:

> > The address is now http://themadnessnetwork.blogspot.com,
[clip]

> I thought this was going to be a live blog, you know, with updates
> after each day of Origins. I guess you plan to update it with Origins
> goodness when you get back. Those of us too unfortunate to not be at
> Origins will have to wait a few more days to hear anything I guess.

Yeah, I think Josh is just getting started so there's not likely to be
much at this first con. Also, as he gets more volunteers to write for
it, it should be updated more often. I think we'll see it setup for
audio reports in the future since those are so much easier to send in
while on location at the events.

-Robert

> I thought this was going to be a live blog, you know, with updates after
> each day of Origins. I guess you plan to update it with Origins goodness
> when you get back. Those of us too unfortunate to not be at Origins will
> have to wait a few more days to hear anything I guess.

If you want that, not to steal thunder, but there's this website done by
DJFengShui that I think updates quite frequently (sometimes even 4-5 times
a day):

http://vtesintel.blogspot.com/

Ankur Gupta
Prince of West Lafayette
"Corn -- It's what's here, damnit."

jtduffin@yahoo.com wrote:
> Already a correction?! Well, yes. The address is now
> http://themadnessnetwork.blogspot.com, as it was pointed out that
> remembering what kind of punctuation is in there becomes easier if
> there is no punctuation.
>
> Used to by hyphens, now it's nothing at all.

Josh and I have each added an entry about Origins. Perhaps wireless
will be more available at GenCon, personally, I was too cheap to pay
$40 for access at our hotel for the weekend, and not hardcore enough to
lug the laptop along with decks to the convention center to see if they
had free wireless.

Xian