Question Vulkan and DX12 Blurriness in RTX 3060

May 8, 2021
Hello, I recently discovered this problem when I first played Red Dead Redemption 2. My display is 1080p and all settings are set to Ultra mixed with High. The "To use Geforce Experience In-Game Overlay Press Alt + Z" text that you get when you first start the game is very blurry as if it's being rendered in 720p. But while playing, the distant objects like Trees look like they are being rendered in 720p as well. The objects near to character are 1080p and very clear. But when I look at distant places it's blurry. I changed graphics API to DX12 and the Geforce Experience Overlay text was very clear and 1080p, but the blurriness while playing the game remained the same. I also get this problem in DOOM Eternal, but it's a bit better compared to Red Dead Redemption 2, and the Geforce Experience Overlay is the same as Red Dead Redemption 2, Geforce Experience Overlay only seems to be fixed when I use anything other than Vulkan. All BIOS, Chipset etc. are using new versions. Any kind of help is appreciated.

Things that I tried :
I used DDU to remove the drivers then installed the latest one. (466.27)
I tried 2 different monitors and 2 different HDMI cables.
I set NVIDIA Control Panel to default values.

System Specs : Palit RTX 3060 Dual OC, I5 10400F, 16GB RAM, MSI B460M-A Pro, Corsair CV650

Lutfij

Titan
Corsair CV650
That's just a horrible unit. I'd ask you to swap that unit out for a reliably built unit.

What BIOS version are you currently on for your motherboard? A version would be better as opposed to stating that you're on the latest. Frequency for your memory? Does the issue crop up on other titles? Version for your installation of Windows 10?

Reactions: dotas1
May 8, 2021
Corsair CV650
That's just a horrible unit. I'd ask you to swap that unit out for a reliably built unit.

What BIOS version are you currently on for your motherboard? A version would be better as opposed to stating that you're on the latest. Frequency for your memory? Does the issue crop up on other titles? Version for your installation of Windows 10?
Hi there, Windows version is 20H2 with all the updates. RAM Frequency is 2666MHz. I think I only have this issue on Vulkan titles and very little on Directx12. I tested Call of Duty Warzone and there was no blurriness at all, but on RDR2's Directx12, the blurriness is the same and only difference is that Geforce Experience OSD is fixed. On Directx9-10-11 titles there is no issue. I managed to fix blurriness while playing DOOM Eternal by using Sharpening filter. But the Geforce Experience OSD is still very blurry and I also realized that whenever I toggle on the OSD on Vulkan titles the game goes to Borderless Windowed mode from Fullscreen. On Red Dead Redemption 2 I tried messing with TAA settings and I managed to improve it a little by increasing TAA sharpening, when I turn TAA off completely the blurriness is moderately reduced but then the graphics are very jaggy, Increasing resolution scaling to 1.250 (5:4) solves the issue for the most part besides the Geforce Experince OSD blurriness which is persistent on all Vulkan titles. When I look at gameplay videos with similiar specs, the visuals are very clear without Resolution Scaling or messing with TAA.

Last edited:
May 8, 2021
Update : I just tested Black Ops 2 and It seems that it's blurry as well. Anything other than things that are within 5meter range are rendered in 720p resolution eventhough everything is set to Ultra and 1080p. I am gonna RMA this damn thing, unless I find a solution.
View: https://imgur.com/yRHUtul
The only games that I've tested so far with no problem are : Mafia Remake, Call of Duty WW2, The Witcher 3, Euro Truck Simulator, Call of Duty World at War.

Last edited:

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS