VX2435wm - DIY AV output connector

seemebreakthis

Distinguished
Apr 13, 2008
If you are like me, you have purchased the monitor only to find that it doesn't even have an external AV audio output and you are stuck with the whimpy 3W speakers.

So I decided to risk destroying the monitor and add an AV cable of my own. After dismantling the monitor this is what I saw (note: the picture was taken after I have already disconnected the internal speakers and connected my own self-constructed cable to the board):

2043273120103634440S600x600Q85.jpg

Things became quite easy after I noticed that the whimpy speakers were connected to a separate circuit board. It became a matter of finding a cable with the same internal connector, then doing what's necessary to put an AV connector at the other end. This is what I came up with:

2323996530103634440S600x600Q85.jpg

Thank god I then managed to successfully put the cover back where it belonged, and it was good to go!

I am now happily enjoying the sound from a Logitech Z-10 -- with signal coming out of my monitor. :bounce:

rexter

Distinguished
Mar 17, 2006
Question:
Is this a Monitor or is it a TV?
If it is a Monitor, how do you get the sound in the to the unit in the first place? Wouldn't be better to connect the speakers to the source using a Y cable/spliter?

The Audo connector from A/ is what you post but not the Video from A/V.

You just void your warranty if your unit still has it. On the otherhand you got what you wanted.

seemebreakthis

Distinguished
Apr 13, 2008
It is a monitor (does not have any tuner), but this monitor has a separate audio input for each of its video inputs (composite, component, D-SUB, and HDMI).

Actually, composite and s-video shares the same audio input.

Yes it will potentially void the warranty, but I have done nothing destructive and could probably remove the audio out that I made before I send the unit to Viewsonic for repairs etc.