Question W key long press

Jan 2, 2022
I have an acer laptop that (unsure of what model) has this problem where if my w key is held it down for a while, after I let go it'll still continue registering that key. Depending on how long i had held it for as it seems the longer i hold it, the longer it will keep going after i let it go. I've seen other people with this problem but they generally dont have solutions and the ones they do have seem rather vague. I use my laptops keyboard and not an external one

Lutfij

Titan
If that's isolated to the W key, you might want to try and find the model/SKU for your Acer laptop since not all keyboards are designed the same. I'd advise on removing the keycap on the W key if that's the only key that registers the long press and inspect the switch underneath for any dirt/debris.

Can you check and see if your laptop is pending any BIOS updates? You can use your serial number for said laptop on Acer's support site to narrow down a support list courtesy of Acer.

Jan 2, 2022
If that's isolated to the W key, you might want to try and find the model/SKU for your Acer laptop since not all keyboards are designed the same. I'd advise on removing the keycap on the W key if that's the only key that registers the long press and inspect the switch underneath for any dirt/debris.

Can you check and see if your laptop is pending any BIOS updates? You can use your serial number for said laptop on Acer's support site to narrow down a support list courtesy of Acer.
Ive removed the keycap and cleaned under it, as well as check for any bios updates but nothing has changed