[SOLVED] 'W' Key still registers as pressed after releasing.

May 16, 2021
I have an Acer Predator Helios 300 laptop, which's probably about 2 years old. About a month ago, I noticed while playing Maneater that my W key wouldn't respond for a few seconds after I released it. After playing some other games, I noticed that once I let go of the W key after holding it for a few seconds, my character would still move forward for a few seconds, so I decided to test what was actually happening in notepad and sure enough, once I released the key it would still print W's for a second or so after I released it. It's a recent issue, and W is the only key I've noticed since that's the one I use the most when playing games. I've already tried uninstalling my drivers for the keyboard, removing the keycaps, and blowing out my laptop with the canned air, checked for updates, and most of the other basic troubleshooting recommendations I could think of/find short of unplugging the keyboard from the motherboard. I know it's an old laptop, but I don't have the resources to replace it at the moment. I've seen a similar question from some time in 2016, but the links in the responses give me a 404.

Solution
On a gaming laptop the W, A, S, D keys are usually the first to get damaged by repeated presses, you should have used an external keyboard for playing games.

If you can't fix the stuck key, you can temporarily disconnect it and use an USB keyboard.
On a gaming laptop the W, A, S, D keys are usually the first to get damaged by repeated presses, you should have used an external keyboard for playing games.

If you can't fix the stuck key, you can temporarily disconnect it and use an USB keyboard.

Solution