Question W & S key spamming, Pretty sure it's a virus. Help please!

Oct 2, 2019
At first I thought it was my keybored, but once trying a new bored, and then reinstalling windows, I found it is my second hard drive. When it is unplugged, I do not have the problem. Does anyone know of a program that can recognize when something is using my keybored? I really would love to NOT wipe my TB HD.

Thanks for ANY help with this matter!

Ralston18

Titan
Update your post to include full system hardware specs and OS.

Also provide some additional information or description of the "W&S key spamming".

When did the spamming start? After some new game, app, or utility was installed? After some update?

Look in Task Manager > Startup. Any unexpected or unknown programs being launched at startup?

if it is hardware, the problems would manifest themselves within a Linux Live environment run from USB as well...

Nuke (delete partitions/quick format) the drive in question...if it was anything nefarious/pernicious (yes, I looked up pernicious when I heard it and read it's definition a week ago!)on it causing it , that will take care of it...) :)

If problems continue, replace the drive in question...(1 TB spinning drives are about $35-$40 these days, and even very good 500 GB SSDs are but $65...)