[SOLVED] W10 and other Media not booting with Nvidia 1080 after BIOS post

Pysike

Distinguished
Aug 12, 2008
Hello to all, I have an interesting issue here, I just replaced the AMD Radeon R9 Fury X I had for years for the Asus ROG Strix-GTX1080 but W10 won't boot, monitor goes black without singal after BIOS post (I used the AMD Clean Uninstall Utility and also DDU)
Now, if I attach both graphics cards to the computer with the Nvidia drivers installed W10 will boot and recognise the 1080 (had to unplug the DP from one card to the other one and use CTRL + P) on the other hand just with the 1080 I can't even boot from USBs, DVDs or go into W10 F options, I'm only able to access the BIOS
I already spend hours Googling, checking forums and ran out of ideas (not even clearing the CMOS worked) one of my conclusions is that the motherboard might not be playing ball since is quite old but I read that some people have no problem using the latest graphics cards on this motherboard or on any other x58

Any help would be much appreciated

Specs (W10 and Nvidia drivers up to date)

CPU - HexaCore Intel Core i7-980X Extreme Edition, 3475 MHz (26 x 134)
RAM : G Skill Sniper F3-12800CL9-4GBSR DDR3
Motherboard - Asus P6T Deluxe V2
Motherboard Chipset - Intel Tylersburg X58, Intel Westmere
BIOS Type AMI (12/22/10) - DMI BIOS Version 1202 (Latst version installed)
Drive #1 - Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB (465 GB)
Drive #2 - WDC WD4004FZWX (3726 GB)
PSU - Cooler Master V850 (Almost brand new)

Solution
How did you clear the BIOS?
use the jumper to clrCMOS

Did you install the GPU into the upper PCIe slot near the CPU?

To clear the CMOS I did the jumper method and also removing the battery for a while, the 1080 was in the first slot and luck but placing the Fury in the first one the 1080 in the second one W10 booted
After too many attempts and testing the conlcusion is that some x58 motherboards might work the latest graphic cards and others won’t
I decided to upgrade the whole system, end of the problem

Pysike

Distinguished
Aug 12, 2008
How did you clear the BIOS?
use the jumper to clrCMOS

Did you install the GPU into the upper PCIe slot near the CPU?

To clear the CMOS I did the jumper method and also removing the battery for a while, the 1080 was in the first slot and luck but placing the Fury in the first one the 1080 in the second one W10 booted
After too many attempts and testing the conlcusion is that some x58 motherboards might work the latest graphic cards and others won’t
I decided to upgrade the whole system, end of the problem

Solution