W10 Fall Creator update messed up Samsung TV Graphics

tibo.tuypens

Reputable
Sep 9, 2017
Hey everyone,

After the latest creator update, my second monitor acts strange.
My secondary screen is a Samsung LED tv (samsung UE32H4000) Which I use for video playback or other multitasking.

Now, the following picture will state the issue better than I can explain in words.
https://ibb.co/f3DT1R
Now when I did a print screen, the image was fine. Microsoft support told me to contact the manufacturer of the monitor because they think it's a compatibility issue..

This is what I already tried doing:
-Reinstall Nvidia drivers
-Reinstall Windows 10
-Swapping HDMI cable
-Using SlimDrivers to find a possible missing driver

Does anyone recognise this issue?
*Note: I can't roll back to before the creators update anymore.

It would be a shame to have to sell this tv for a new monitor even though it works fine..
Thanks in advance :)

Solution
If anyone has the same problem, I found out more about the issue.
I played around with resolutions and found out that this issue only came when I used the resolutions:

1366 x 768
1360 x 768
1280 x 768
1024 x 768

All of the above have the "x 768" in common. So there seems to be an issue there.
In the Nvidia control panel, I learned that you can make a custom resolution. My monitor's default resolution is 1366 x 768 and I made a custom 1365 x 768. Now the image is normal. So this was a small work around for the problem I was having.

tibo.tuypens

Reputable
Sep 9, 2017
If anyone has the same problem, I found out more about the issue.
I played around with resolutions and found out that this issue only came when I used the resolutions:

1366 x 768
1360 x 768
1280 x 768
1024 x 768

All of the above have the "x 768" in common. So there seems to be an issue there.
In the Nvidia control panel, I learned that you can make a custom resolution. My monitor's default resolution is 1366 x 768 and I made a custom 1365 x 768. Now the image is normal. So this was a small work around for the problem I was having.

Solution

blackholesun3

Prominent
Oct 24, 2017

Same situation here, and same fix. It's a Samsung Tv not sure what model, it was a cheap 80$ thing I picked up when I got my computer since I needed a monitor. I also had to modify some other settings because everything was looking blurry, apparently the fall update messed with some default nvidia settings.

stclairsolar

Prominent
Dec 15, 2017
http://nvidia.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/4580
After installing/updating to Windows 10 Fall Creators Update, the display appears corrupted/flashes green
Some TVs EDID reports incorrect support for 12bpc or 10pbc colors format but can't actually support this format. Starting with Windows 10 Fall Creators Update, the OS now configures by default the display to its highest reported capability requesting the driver to send 12bpc or 10bpc format where it was using 8bpc in the previous release resulting in color corruptions/green flashing screen/green bars scrolling. To avoid this issue, manually configure your display to 8bpc:
1) Go to the NVIDIA control panel
2) Select Change Resolution panel
3) Select the display
4) Section 3, change to use NVIDIA color settings.
5) Change the Output color depth to 8bpc.
6) Save changes.

The bug is fixed by Microsoft and will be available in a future update to Microsoft Windows 10. If you are a Windows 10 Insider member, the update is available now:
https://blogs.windows.com/windowsexperience/2017/11/22/announcing-windows-10-insider-preview-build-17046-pc/

stclairsolar

Prominent
Dec 15, 2017
http://nvidia.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/4580
After installing/updating to Windows 10 Fall Creators Update, the display appears corrupted/flashes green
Some TVs EDID reports incorrect support for 12bpc or 10pbc colors format but can't actually support this format. Starting with Windows 10 Fall Creators Update, the OS now configures by default the display to its highest reported capability requesting the driver to send 12bpc or 10bpc format where it was using 8bpc in the previous release resulting in color corruptions/green flashing screen/green bars scrolling. To avoid this issue, manually configure your display to 8bpc:
1) Go to the NVIDIA control panel
2) Select Change Resolution panel
3) Select the display
4) Section 3, change to use NVIDIA color settings.
5) Change the Output color depth to 8bpc.
6) Save changes.

The bug is fixed by Microsoft and will be available in a future update to Microsoft Windows 10. If you are a Windows 10 Insider member, the update is available now:
https://blogs.windows.com/windowsexperience/2017/11/22/announcing-windows-10-insider-preview-build-17046-pc/

drylcamit

Prominent
Jan 14, 2018

This worked for me!

robot2000

Prominent
Jan 21, 2018

Thank you for this info this worked for me too.

ericmacv

Prominent
Jan 26, 2018

ericmacv

Prominent
Jan 26, 2018
100% perfect fix

The x768 was my problem also.
I made a custom resolution via Nvidia control panel of 1366x767 x60hz ( used to work on 768 before patch) then, from main menu selected this custom resolution. I had spent hours on this. Many thanks for the fix :mad:)