[SOLVED] W10 won't auto hide systray icons

May 8, 2021
Hi,
I'm new to Win 10 and not able to find the systray's auto hide feature I was using from XP to 8.1. I can just "always show" and "always hide". What's the trick here to show an icon only if the app is active? For instance, show my cloud icon only if it's syncing something...
Thanks

Solution
If you used the latest installer for Windows 10, using Windows Media Creation Tools, you shouldn't be experiencing the issue. Regardless, see if this helps you out.

Colif

Win 11 Master
What's the trick here to show an icon only if the app is active? For instance, show my cloud icon only if it's syncing something...
I don't think you can, as you say, its an on/off choice. they either show all the time or not at all. they might show in the actual taskbar if they are doing an action, but I just drag the ones I want to see onto taskbar and out of the space in up arrow area.

Regardless, see if this helps you out.

Lutfi, he wants to hide/show the icons in the system tray, not hide the taskbar :)

May 8, 2021
I don't think you can, as you say, its an on/off choice. they either show all the time or not at all. they might show in the actual taskbar if they are doing an action, but I just drag the ones I want to see onto taskbar and out of the space in up arrow area.

Too bad it doesnt work. Thanks anyway.