Question w10 z77 pc skipping bios?

Tad2

Distinguished
Apr 3, 2010
So my pc has a weird issue.
when i first hit power, it won't boot at all, just shows black screen, but fans and lights all go on.
Then if I hit the reset button, it will go into windows very quickly. almost as if it is coming out of sleep mode.
And I never get a chance to see the bios screen at all.
Spamming delete doesn't get me to the bios screen at bootup either..

Does this every time I go to turn on the computer.

specs:
3570k 16gb 2x sli gtx670's, windows 10 64bit (upgraded from windows 7 pro)

Tad2

Distinguished
Apr 3, 2010
ok I tried that technique and it's kinda successful. the pc powers up on first try now! so thats great,
but the bios still never shows up... so i guess a clear cmos is a good idea.

although tbh skipping the bios screen makes my startup times super fast i have to admit.

Press the power while the pc is unplugged? Never heard of that. Whats that supposed to do?
When you turn off your computer, there is residual power stored in the power supply; this power retains whatever data is in the RAM. When you unplug your computer and push the power button, your drain the residual power and clear the RAM.

For now, you should disable fast start-up, this is the reason your computer is booting so quickly, but it sounds like the data being loaded by fast startup is for some reason becoming corrupted, which is why it was recommended you test your RAM.To understand how fast start-up works and how to disable it, read the following link. https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/4189-turn-off-fast-startup-windows-10-a.html BTW, when you exit, does Windows shut down properly? Do you get and blue screens and/or does it ever freeze?

Also what motherboard to you have?

Last edited:

Tad2

Distinguished
Apr 3, 2010
Nope. No crashes or bsod.
I do have the random tiny glitch though. Like usb turning itself off or visual glitches. And my keyboard not punching in a key.
These are very rare though