Question W2019 server: Undelete software solutions

AJAshinoff

Commendable
Feb 18, 2019
I'm in a pickle where poor airflow caused high temperatures which resulted in my backup server to lose a drive. Naturally this is the precise time when an enduser deletes her main folder where she keeps her work. I'm unable to locate her deleted folder/files and the backup is inaccessible for now as it rebuilds itself.

I'm looking for some undelete software that I can load on a few key servers to prevent this from happening again. I once used a program called Undelete by executive software which was specifically made for servers. I can't seem to find that software or anything similar to it. I can find monthly subscription services with an annual commitment, not acceptable.

Does anyone have a software recommendation I can try/purchase?

Thanks in advance

AJAshinoff

Commendable
Feb 18, 2019
How long is this rebuild likely to take?
Rebuilding what?
It's hard to say at this point. It's been working for 3.5 hours and while it has offered it gui and acccpeted credentials , it hasn't been able to successfully allow a login.

Last edited:

AJAshinoff

Commendable
Feb 18, 2019
You don't have Volume Shadow Copy enabled?
Inherited. Never even thought to look.

As it turned out, the dreaded "te-he-he" entered the picture. Called end-user to let her know, despite all the looking and the undelete software I located and installed didn't find anything, even in the recycle bin going back 5 days, and to let he know the only file with her name on it was located in a sub folder. She says "te-he-te-he' oh somebody must have moved it. It's all there."

Frustrating! 3 hours wasted for nothing. I did manage to find undelete software for windows server 2019 though.

COLGeek

Cybernaut
Inherited. Never even thought to look.

As it turned out, the dreaded "te-he-he" entered the picture. Called end-user to let her know, despite all the looking and the undelete software I located and installed didn't find anything, even in the recycle bin going back 5 days, and to let he know the only file with her name on it was located in a sub folder. She says "te-he-te-he' oh somebody must have moved it. It's all there."

Frustrating! 3 hours wasted for nothing. I did manage to find undelete software for windows server 2019 though.

Somebody owes somebody an apology and lunch, it seems...

ASK THE COMMUNITY