w32/banker.g@pws

my anti virus keeps popping up saying my computer is
infected with W32/banker.G@pws virus and cannot be
removed. it says i have to delete the file infected which
is c:\windows\winupd.exe. is it safe to delete this file
as i know nothing about this. please help. thank you.

Hi,

Yes it is safe to delete. However, you will likely need to start the system
in Safe mode in order to delete both the file and the reference in the
system registry that loads it. If you don't use Safe mode, the file will
likely be "in use" and be undeletable. Ensure you delete both the file and
the startup reference, likely found under one of these keys:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Shared Tools\MSConfig\startupreg

--
Best of Luck,

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
Associate Expert - WinXP - Expert Zone
www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone
Win98 Help - www.rickrogers.org

"ora" <oraengkantada@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> my anti virus keeps popping up saying my computer is
> infected with W32/banker.G@pws virus and cannot be
> removed. it says i have to delete the file infected which
> is c:\windows\winupd.exe. is it safe to delete this file
> as i know nothing about this. please help. thank you.

Hello,

It is safe to delete this file.

--
Regards,