[SOLVED] W7 end of support

gtsolid

Distinguished
Jan 14, 2016
Hi everyone.
I have 10 client with W7 and now this SO is going to end to receive updates.
But why should i do this? the main issue is the security.
I think i can stop the access of the machine to internet and solve the problem, how can i do that?

Solution
The problem is that Windows 7 won't receive security updates after January 2020. You can still boot to Windows 7 and use it normally; if you have an antivirus and you stay away from suspicious websites, it's likely that you won't get a virus.
The problem is that in the future, W7 won't be compatible with newer hardware (except for HDD/SDDs and optical drives).

TL,DR: Anyway, if you use that machine without being connected to the internet (disconnect Ethernet cable AND turn off WiFi), you will be fine.

sdedu77

Respectable
Dec 9, 2018
The problem is that Windows 7 won't receive security updates after January 2020. You can still boot to Windows 7 and use it normally; if you have an antivirus and you stay away from suspicious websites, it's likely that you won't get a virus.
The problem is that in the future, W7 won't be compatible with newer hardware (except for HDD/SDDs and optical drives).

TL,DR: Anyway, if you use that machine without being connected to the internet (disconnect Ethernet cable AND turn off WiFi), you will be fine.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS