W_PUMP does not appear in ASUS BIOS (or I can't find it...)

wbattel4607

Honorable
Jan 28, 2014
I have a Kraken X61 plugged in to my Asus Z170-AR and the fans and lights work great. I can't tell if the pump is working, I have it plugged into the W_PUMP header on my mobo. I figured I would just set that header to always be 100% since the x61 regulates itself and always wants full power. The W_PUMP header is nowhere to be found in the BIOS, so I don't know if it is always at full, not detecting the pump, or something else. I checked and I have the latest BIOS, 1801. All of the fans appear, but the BIOS doesn't show the pump header.

Any ideas?

P.S. the very first time I booted with the kraken installed I heard water trickling (or flowing, I don't know how quickly) through the pump very audibly, but that noise has not recurred despite my not changing anything.

P.P.S. the CPU is staying around 30°C and not rising, so maybe the pump is going? I have no idea.

P.P.P.S. I disconnected the pump from the header and tested, the CPU shot past 40°C.

wbattel4607

Honorable
Jan 28, 2014

No it does not. I can't find any trade of anything related to water or pumps in the BIOS. I gave up and started installing windows. Once I get Asus AI Suite & NZXT CAM running i'll check again but for now the CPU temps are healthy.

Will reply shortly...

wbattel4607

Honorable
Jan 28, 2014

Yes, no luck.

My paper manual doesn't say anything about it other than that the header exists (helpful).

wbattel4607

Honorable
Jan 28, 2014

Right, the temps make me less concerned, but its still bothersome. And regarding the BIOS version, I think I have the latest (1801)- at least according to the ASUS drivers page for my Z170-AR

wbattel4607

Honorable
Jan 28, 2014

I agree. I have the two rad fans connected to CPU_FAN and CPU_OPT and the pump to W_PUMP, which is obviously functioning, so unless I find it is insufficient I'll probably leave it. Thanks for the insight.

TRENDING THREADS