Wait for device ready... scanning and repairing drive(C:): stuck at 16% complete

Jul 9, 2018
At Startup, Screen stuck with "Wait for device ready...scanning and repairing drive(C:): 16% complete"
Can't tell if is actually doing anything.
Do I just wait? How long?
Other options? Can't get to Windows screen buttons to make any adjustments. HELP.

Solution
It depends on the size of the data on the drive and the amount of errors encountered.
It may also end of being bad sectors due to physical damage or platter fatigue. This often causes the repair process to hang or take days to complete. If it's stuck at 16% for more then an hour I would assume this is the case and you may need to run chkdisk /f from a command line by booting with your install media and pressing shift+f10 at the windows setup screen.

popatim

Titan
It depends on the size of the data on the drive and the amount of errors encountered.
It may also end of being bad sectors due to physical damage or platter fatigue. This often causes the repair process to hang or take days to complete. If it's stuck at 16% for more then an hour I would assume this is the case and you may need to run chkdisk /f from a command line by booting with your install media and pressing shift+f10 at the windows setup screen.

Solution