[SOLVED] Wait for the new 5900's to come back into stock, or go for a 3950x?

KeiHiro

Honorable
May 12, 2016
Title says it all. I am doing a clean build (current build is going to my niece) and was wondering (even after looking at the current benchmarks that I can find), if it would be better for me to wait the half-year to a year till the new AMD's come back into stock, or say screw it and get a 3950x processor? When it comes to the actual specs, I dont pay a whole lot of attention to them, but I still like to know if waiting would be better or get what I can for now...?

Solution
The 5800X is no slouch at anything either...but, hopefully you can find a 5900X if you do lots of editing/encoding, etc. Gaming-wise, even the 5800X is practically CPU-overkill, given the 5600X's excellent performance...

KeiHiro

Honorable
May 12, 2016
Yeah, it would be a completely fresh build. My current Rig (which I am on right now) is going to my Niece for School/her own thing. So this is a brand new rig, not something im just upgrading to upgrade. That's what i mean by bottom to top build. So i would be buying a new CPU/GPU/ MoBo/PSU/Memory/etc, which is why I was asking if it would be better to wait and devoid my niece of a computer for another half year to a full year, or bite the bullet and buy the last-current gen. Which is why I was also asking about the GPU's in the other thread lol