News Wait times for Nvidia's AI GPUs ease to three to four months, suggesting peak in near-term growth — the wait list for an H100 was previously eleven...

Status
Not open for further replies.

watzupken

Reputable
Mar 16, 2020
That’s because Chinese companies were hoarding these AI GPUs in anticipation of further sanctions. This is similar to Huawei hoarding 7nm chips from TSMC just before the sanction. That’s why it’s expected that sales won’t sustain.

DavidLejdar

Respectable
Sep 11, 2022
I know, that there is value in improved technology for data processing. In particular improved RAM helps a lot with that, as a data process doesn't need a back and forth of terabytes of data with usually slower storage device.

But with all the hype about autonomous AI, I am a bit worried, that Nvidia in particular may have an AI, which goes rogue and overtakes or makes all of their networks unusable (such as by basically frying them). Something which wouldn't be good for the share price, I suppose.

And I am just an average worker, who, unlike institutional investors, doesn't have the time to constantly keep checking for such news, to then quickly sell. That's why I am somewhat reluctant to purchase Nvidia shares, even if it may sure still have some potential nice return within a relatively short time frame.

Status
Not open for further replies.