[SOLVED] Waiting for backgound programs to close

Status
Not open for further replies.

yossibac

Commendable
Dec 2, 2021
Upon shutting down PC I get the message “Waiting for background programs to close” for 2-3 seconds.
Windows 7 Home don't specify what program.
How to find out what is it and how to stop it?
I know I'm not running any programs and Task Manager has no applications showing also.
Thanks for your thoughts.

This is absolutely normal operation and doesn't need to be "stopped". That notice is triggered because one or more applications took a moment or two longer than the system thought they should so brought up the screen to show them to you. In the meantime they exited normally. This is not a problem that needs to be fixed.

yossibac

Commendable
Dec 2, 2021
It happens every day (every time)
I know I'm not running any programs and Task Manager has no applications showing also. So basically nothing should be running.
It happens also when fresh start up and shut down the PC?

LTL428

Prominent
Feb 14, 2022
It happens every day (every time)
I know I'm not running any programs and Task Manager has no applications showing also. So basically nothing should be running.
It happens also when fresh start up and shut down the PC?
Yes, this is not a very serious issue. It may just be a glitch in your OS, or it could be a background process that isn't important enough to be specified. I would not be worried about this, just click force shutdown each time.

yossibac

Commendable
Dec 2, 2021
Problem in addition PC become extremly slow, and non responsive. I'm thinking now it's time to formate the hard drive.

Status
Not open for further replies.