Waiting For My Dell

On February 18th, I broke down and decided to buy a Dell 6000 notebook. At
that time, Dell had 34% off this notebook. In addition, it had a memory
upgrade to 512 and free shipping. Since that time, I haven't seen anything
better. The original estimated ship date was February 25th. On the 25th, I
received an e-mail from Dell telling me that my order would be delayed a
week. Today, I received another e-mail telling me that it will be another
week before they can ship my notebook. I realize that when ordering certain
options, delays can occur due to Dell waiting to receive some of those
components. In my case, I did not add that many things. I chose the 40 Gig
hard drive instead of the 30 Gig, added wireless networking and went with
the larger battery. Now Dell says that I need to contact them within 2 days
or my order will be automatically cancelled. I suppose that they might have
received a lot of orders for this model which could have delayed my order.
The thing that I question now is how can my order go from "Testing" on
Dell's order status site on February 23rd to being delayed for at least 2
weeks? I would like to know the real reason but I doubt whether they will
give me the real answer.

Call sales and ask them. I had a problem with a desktop and they took care
of it within minutes.

If it's at a price you like it's worth finding out what's going on.

"hoerschy" <hoerschy@NOSPAMcharter.net> wrote in message
> On February 18th, I broke down and decided to buy a Dell 6000 notebook.
> At that time, Dell had 34% off this notebook. In addition, it had a
> memory upgrade to 512 and free shipping. Since that time, I haven't seen
> anything better. The original estimated ship date was February 25th. On
> the 25th, I received an e-mail from Dell telling me that my order would be
> delayed a week. Today, I received another e-mail telling me that it will
> be another week before they can ship my notebook. I realize that when
> ordering certain options, delays can occur due to Dell waiting to receive
> some of those components. In my case, I did not add that many things. I
> chose the 40 Gig hard drive instead of the 30 Gig, added wireless
> networking and went with the larger battery. Now Dell says that I need to
> contact them within 2 days or my order will be automatically cancelled. I
> suppose that they might have received a lot of orders for this model which
> could have delayed my order. The thing that I question now is how can my
> order go from "Testing" on Dell's order status site on February 23rd to
> being delayed for at least 2 weeks? I would like to know the real reason
> but I doubt whether they will give me the real answer.

"hoerschy" <hoerschy@NOSPAMcharter.net> wrote in message
| On February 18th, I broke down and decided to buy a Dell 6000 notebook.
At
| that time, Dell had 34% off this notebook. In addition, it had a memory
| upgrade to 512 and free shipping. Since that time, I haven't seen
anything
| better. The original estimated ship date was February 25th. On the 25th,
| received an e-mail from Dell telling me that my order would be delayed a
| week. Today, I received another e-mail telling me that it will be another
| week before they can ship my notebook. I realize that when ordering
certain
| options, delays can occur due to Dell waiting to receive some of those
| components. In my case, I did not add that many things. I chose the 40
Gig
| hard drive instead of the 30 Gig, added wireless networking and went with
| the larger battery. Now Dell says that I need to contact them within 2
days
| or my order will be automatically cancelled. I suppose that they might
have
| received a lot of orders for this model which could have delayed my order.
| The thing that I question now is how can my order go from "Testing" on
| Dell's order status site on February 23rd to being delayed for at least 2
| weeks? I would like to know the real reason but I doubt whether they will
| give me the real answer.

You suspect correctly. :) The status page is notoriously unreliable. I've
had systems in hand that still showed "in production" on the status page.

When it comes to delays you have to choices. You know what they are.

I'm not an MVP a VIP nor do I have ESP.
I was just trying to help.
advice herein.
No warranty is expressed or implied.
Your mileage may vary.
See store for details. :)

Remove shoes to E-mail.

And I was beginning to think that I was the only one.
That page did not report any of our three orders correctly.

One showed as "Shipped" and we didn't receive it for another 6 weeks.

One never did show as beyond the production phase.

The third was in our hands and never showed beyond the order stage.

I would contact them VERY quickly.

That is if you still want the computer.

"HillBillyBuddhist" <hillbillybuddhistshoes@gmail.com> wrote in message
> "hoerschy" <hoerschy@NOSPAMcharter.net> wrote in message
> | On February 18th, I broke down and decided to buy a Dell 6000 notebook.
> At
> | that time, Dell had 34% off this notebook. In addition, it had a memory
> | upgrade to 512 and free shipping. Since that time, I haven't seen
> anything
> | better. The original estimated ship date was February 25th. On the
> 25th,
> | received an e-mail from Dell telling me that my order would be delayed a
> | week. Today, I received another e-mail telling me that it will be
> another
> | week before they can ship my notebook. I realize that when ordering
> certain
> | options, delays can occur due to Dell waiting to receive some of those
> | components. In my case, I did not add that many things. I chose the 40
> Gig
> | hard drive instead of the 30 Gig, added wireless networking and went
> with
> | the larger battery. Now Dell says that I need to contact them within 2
> days
> | or my order will be automatically cancelled. I suppose that they might
> have
> | received a lot of orders for this model which could have delayed my
> order.
> | The thing that I question now is how can my order go from "Testing" on
> | Dell's order status site on February 23rd to being delayed for at least
> 2
> | weeks? I would like to know the real reason but I doubt whether they
> will
> | give me the real answer.
> |

> You suspect correctly. :) The status page is notoriously unreliable. I've
> had systems in hand that still showed "in production" on the status page.
>
> When it comes to delays you have to choices. You know what they are.

> I'm not an MVP a VIP nor do I have ESP.
> I was just trying to help.
> Please use your own best judgment before implementing any suggestions or
> advice herein.
> No warranty is expressed or implied.
> Your mileage may vary.
> See store for details. :)
>
> Remove shoes to E-mail.

Hi Hoerschy,

The workflow system of Dell is IMO unreliable I had my system
passing from one state to the other and the order was
actually blocked (found out by the sales person)
because of some mistake of them (they added an additional
FP 20'' monitor in the order confirmation for free) but then
instead of calling me and explaining clearly they just silently
and indefinitely blocked my order ... great transparency right?

Conclusion: push as much as you can (call them twice a day at least)
and make sure your payment is protected e.g. Credit Card so you
can constraint Dell to fulfill the maximum one moth delivery
otherwise I bet you will be in trouble.

Good luck!!!

Best Regards,
Giovanni