[SOLVED] Wake on LAN Activation on BIOS Aptio Setup Utility 2020 Version 2.19.1269 ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 17, 2020
Hi.
I have a T-Bao TBOOK MN22 mini PC with Windows 10 Home and Aptio BIOS Setup Utility 2020 Version 2.19.1269.
I need to start my PC remotely via Wake on LAN, however I can't find the corresponding item in the BIOS menu. Does anyone know if this option is present in this BIOS version and how it is called?
I searched both the forum and the internet but found nothing about this BIOS version.
I am attaching the photos of the screenshots.

20201116-221516.jpg

20201116-221525.jpg

20201116-221644.jpg

20201116-221709.jpg

20201116-221732.jpg

20201116-221741.jpg

20201116-221747.jpg

20201116-221815.jpg

Do any of you recognize the item from which Wake on LAN could be activated?
Thank you very much!
Pio

Last edited by a moderator:
Solution
Wake on lan tends not work real well partially because microsoft got involved and many vendor incorporated microsoft proprietary stuff into the bios. They seem to forget not every machine runs windows software.
Many years ago wake on lan used to work well, we used to do that and even boot the image from the network. For some reason wake on lan if it works at all you may have to send the command mulitple times. Others blame microsoft bios extensions not sure if that is true.

What tends to work more consistently is the automatic boot on power on that many computers have. You can then use one of the fancy electrical sockets that you can remotely turn the power on and off. The software to run these outlets works much more...
Wake on lan tends not work real well partially because microsoft got involved and many vendor incorporated microsoft proprietary stuff into the bios. They seem to forget not every machine runs windows software.
Many years ago wake on lan used to work well, we used to do that and even boot the image from the network. For some reason wake on lan if it works at all you may have to send the command mulitple times. Others blame microsoft bios extensions not sure if that is true.

What tends to work more consistently is the automatic boot on power on that many computers have. You can then use one of the fancy electrical sockets that you can remotely turn the power on and off. The software to run these outlets works much more consistently than wake on lan. It is also much easier to do if what you are really attempting to do is activate your computer when you are not on your home network. There is no such thing as wake on wan and the hacks that people do to make wake on lan work over the internet make it even more likely it just does not work.

Solution
Nov 17, 2020
The Power Management Configuration item contains Restore AC Power Loss (Power On / Power Off / Last State) and is only used to restart the PC after a power match.
At this point I think it is much easier to get a remotely controllable electrical socket via the router and setting from the BIOS that the PC will start as soon as the power is restored (with the setting mentioned above).
Thanks everyone for your answers.

You want to shut the machine down or at least put it in sleep mode before your turn off the power outlet. Athough it mostly works to just turn the power off you run the risk it might get a corruption in the disk and a lot of times it will increase your boot time. This actually works really well. We used to have racks of servers used for simulation of customer environments to fix bugs. We had a power distribution unit to reboot the whole rack. It would then load the configurations from the network.

Nov 17, 2020
You want to shut the machine down or at least put it in sleep mode before your turn off the power outlet. Athough it mostly works to just turn the power off you run the risk it might get a corruption in the disk and a lot of times it will increase your boot time. This actually works really well. We used to have racks of servers used for simulation of customer environments to fix bugs. We had a power distribution unit to reboot the whole rack. It would then load the configurations from the network.

Yes, of course, I know it's not very healthy to cut the power. What I would do is turn off the computer normally remotely via Anydesk or Chrome Remote desktop that I already use and then remotely turn off the wifi socket by the app. To turn it back on it would be enough to reactivate the socket again by the app and the computer starts automatically after changing the setting in the BIOS

Status
Not open for further replies.