[SOLVED] Wake on Lan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 27, 2021
I have a question please,

Wake on lan worked fine and the power was on the lan port so i knew the packet i sent would be received nothing has changed but for some reason now when i shut down in to S5 there are no led's on the lan adaptor built into the X570-f i'm running (been working fine for 3 - 4 months)

Now the confusing part is, if i remove the power from the pc from the wall leave for 10seconds, reconnect the power the lan led's are given power and i can then again power on the pc with the magic packet.

I have looked at all bios settings, windows settings all is as it should be nothing.

Any ideas, or direction to go in now to look for a solution.

Thanks.

Solution
Just encase anyone else is having this issue.

The issue appeared to be a windows update, i found the solution by enabling EMP in the network card settings

Device manager / Network Adaptors / Double click your network card and go to advanced options enable EMP setting.

lan card now stays powered on in S5 shutdown to wait for magic packet.
Apr 27, 2021
Just encase anyone else is having this issue.

The issue appeared to be a windows update, i found the solution by enabling EMP in the network card settings

Device manager / Network Adaptors / Double click your network card and go to advanced options enable EMP setting.

lan card now stays powered on in S5 shutdown to wait for magic packet.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.